Cancel the Sports

I remember the NCAA commercials from about 10 years ago that said: “There are over 380,000 student athletes, and most of us go pro in something other than sports.” I am one of those athletes. I was nationally ranked in D3 shotput and weight throw my senior year. I absolutely love sports. My husband is a college football referee. I live in Green Bay.

Please hear me, now in my pro career as a physician:
CANCEL THE SPORTS.
CANCEL ALL OF THEM.
CANCEL THEM NOW.  



I'm not saying play the games with limited audiences or play them for TV. I am saying flat out cancel them. All of them. Elementary, high school, college, professional. Not next week. Not we'll see how it goes. IT WILL BE TOO LATE.

We are 11.5 days behind Italy. 200 people died yesterday because the hospital system is overwhelmed. The reports from my Italian physician colleagues are terrifying. Don't think it can happen here? I will be the first to scream I told you so from the hospital - if and when I ever get to leave it.

Golic & Wingo - Cancel the Sports

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flatten the Curve

I'm Tired